Sunday, September 2, 2012

First Weekend!

The past few days have been non stop-craziness.  There isn't much more of a good way to describe it.  On Friday night we got to go on a boat party with the school.  We were able to see so many things from the boat, my favorite being the Tower Bridge.  It was amazing to see something that I've been looking forward to for quite a long time now.  It was absolutely gorgeous especially when we passed by it late at night and it was lit up all different colors and patterns.  It was the most amazing thing that I've seen here so far.  It's not something that I think I'll ever forget!



On Saturday I got to visit my future home, Buckingham Palace!! ;) I really enjoyed having the experience to go inside and tour through the rooms.  Because the Queen's Jubilee was this year the main showcase in Buckingham Palace was her diamonds.  We were able to see her crowns, necklaces, rings, broaches and even a sword that was decked out in diamonds.  I'm not too much of a history person, so most of the time I skipped over the dates and the history behind many of these objects, but just knowing that the Queen wears these pieces of jewelry made it really memorable.  I wouldn't mind finding a replica of one of those pieces! :) It was unfortunate that we weren't able to take pictures within the palace, but at least I'll have the memory.

Me & Christina in front of Buckingham Palace


Today we've been busy walking everywhere over London.  Early this morning I was able to go on a walking Olympic tour.  We weren't allowed to actually go into the park which was a bit disappointing but it was nice to be able to see everything from a distance.  I don't think I'll ever get the opportunity to be around the Olympic park ever again, unless of course on the off chance I go in the US the next time it's around.  Later on in the evening we went on a Jack the Ripper walking tour.  I was pretty nervous for this to be completely honest.  I'm the biggest baby when it comes to scary things and I was convinced this was going to be the scariest thing I was ever going to have to do.  Of course, I was proven wrong because it was not scary what-so-ever.  It was actually really interesting to hear about the killings that Jack the Ripper did and to find out that they still don't know exactly who Jack the Ripper is.


Tomorrow starts the first day of classes here in London.  I'm really excited to have some structure back in my life.  Summer was great and all, but I usually love just the beginning and ending.  I think I'm taking some really interesting classes here so I'm actually looking forward to learning a lot with it obviously being in a totally different environment than I'm used to! I'm looking forward to making this semester really worth while in every aspect!

No comments:

Post a Comment