Monday, September 10, 2012

London Eye, Bath and Stonehenge

Obviously, when I decided that I was going to London to study abroad I had known that some of the most well-known touristy attractions here were Big Ben and the London Eye.  On Saturday, I got the chance to ride on the London Eye, and better yet, I got to do it for free!! This past weekend the Thames Festival was also going on so not only were we able to have a great day at the London Eye, we were also able to attend the festival as well.  After waiting in an extremely long line on an abnormally hot day in London, I got my chance to ride on the Eye.   It was definitely such a fun experience being able to see London from such a high view.  The ride lasted about 20 minutes and it gave us the chance to see everything from up high.  I've heard that it's a much better view at night so I'm hoping to get the chance to go out there again at some point and see it at night.  Maybe when my family comes to visit me! :) After we got off the Eye we went over to the festival.  I was a little bit more excited for that than the Eye just because they had a huge swing ride and I've been dying to go on one! The festival wasn't too big but it was fun to go and walk around and see everything.



On Sunday we all woke up bright and early and headed out to Stonehenge.  When we got there we only spent about 10 minutes walking around and taking pictures of rocks.  Although it was pretty boring I was happy to be able to say that I have been there.  After, we took a bus to Bath, another famous place in England.  First we looked at rocks for an hour, then went and looked at gross water.  The day was pretty boring, unfortunately, but we made the most fun out of all of it and it was free, so we still got to go away saying that we had seen Bath and Stonehenge.




Today starts another long week of boring classes.  I'm starting to get into more of a swing of things, which is good.  I like structure.  We're starting to plan lots of trips for the weekends that we will be here and starting to plan our fall break trip! I'm really excited to be able to go to some places that I've been dying to go to!

No comments:

Post a Comment