Thursday, September 20, 2012

London Fashion Weekend

This week in London, it was Fashion Week.  Every year they have huge events all over London with some of the biggest name brands in fashion showing off what will be new and in style for the spring and summer of next year!  Today I went to London Fashion Weekend, which is a much more low key fashion event for more trendy clothing and not so much high end.  I was literally in my glory.  The venue was spectacular, perfect for this event.

Me & the girls before we left!

When we walked in, we got to get a free tote bag that says London Fashion Weekend on it and had all sorts of free goodies inside including the cutest little diet coke can with the front design done by Jean Paul Gaultier, a french designer.  After that we walked into Somerset House, where the event was being held and walked right into the catwalk.  The place was amazing, I feel like I'm going to say that a lot, because it was! When we walked in I really felt like I was at a big important fashion show, and maybe kind of, I was! We got there at the perfect time because the fashion show started within 5 minutes of us sitting down.

The host then came out and introduced the fashion show and gave us a little low down on what had been going on with London Fashion Week during the week.  The fashion show part was amazing.  It really reminded me of Lasell and the fashion show that they put on at the end of the year.  The clothes were really cool, but I just cannot imagine people actually buying these clothes and wearing them out in public.  I guess that's what makes fashion shows so cool; you don't see the regular ordinary day-to-day clothing on the runway, otherwise it would just be boring!  There were a few items, however, that I found to be really pretty! Not anything I would buy though, mostly because I could never afford it, but still.


One of my favorites!

After the fashion show was over we got to go out into the venue and shop around a bit.  There were a lot of free stands giving out samples of food, tea, underwear and even pictures!! We went to a Diet Coke stand and got our pictures taken and put into a little paper frame.  It was a lot of fun just being able to walk around and see everything.

Most of the clothing was really expensive, but I happened to find a ring that I absolutely fell in love with and decided to get.  I got it at a really great price, which made me feel so much better about getting it!  After a little bit more of walking around we left the venue with big smiles on our faces! It was seriously one of the best nights we've had out here in London.
The ring I bought :)

On the way back I couldn't help but think to myself that this is something I don't think I ever would have done in America and I love that I'm going to be able to come home and say that I've done it before and better yet, in London! And what better way to end the night not only thinking that but knowing that in the morning I am leaving for Paris!! Au revoir! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment