Sunday, September 16, 2012

Disneyland Paris!

Disney is my favorite place on earth. End of story. I am a complete child when it comes to going to Disney, so much that I go almost every year.  Obviously when I saw that my school in London was offering a trip to Disneyland Paris, and for such a good price, I was all over it.

On Saturday we woke up at the ungodly hour of 5 am to get ready and head to the tube to take the EuroStar to Paris.  The EuroStar is almost like Amtrak, but goes all the way from London to Paris, under water and everything! It took us about 2 1/2 hours to get to Paris via the EuroStar, which wasn't a bad ride at all.  When we got to Paris we took the Metro straight to Disney!!

Once we got there I could definitely see that things were different here.  Their version of "Downtown Disney" was called "Disney Village."  They had Planet Hollywood and the big hot air balloon just like in Orlando!  Compared to Disney in Orlando, the one in Paris only had two parks and they were right next to each other.  Our tickets gave us entrance into both parks for the day, but by the time we had finally arrived to Disney and gotten our tickets, we didn't have all that much time to enjoy both parks.  Instead we decided that we would go to the main park where the castle and many characters were.  Walking into "Disneyland Park" which is Paris' version of Magic Kingdom, Main Street was exactly the same.  The little shops all the way down the streets looked exactly like in Orlando.  They even had two little restaurants that are the same in Orlando! I think that was a really fun part for me, to be able to see the similarities and the differences in both the parks.

Me and Megan in front of the Castle!


I don't consider myself to be this amazing Disney know-it-all, but I think I know Disney in Orlando well enough to say that I have never seen any Disney park this packed in my entire life.  The lines for rides were over an hour and 20 minutes each.  Unfortunately that only left us time to go on one ride.  The good thing about it was that this ride isn't in Orlando!  We still made the best of it of course because it was Disney!! The one thing I was looking forward to all day was the parade.  I really turn into a five year old when it comes to Disney.  I like to see the characters and experience the "magic."  I really don't even care that I am 20 years old with the biggest smile on my face when characters walk down the main street.

The parade was absolutely amazing.  I have never seen a parade like that in Orlando.  Surprisingly they were all singing in English, which I thought was really interesting.  I think my favorite part of the parade was seeing the Lion King float.  I can't remember the last time I had seen the Lion King or any float like that in a Disney parade.  I had such a great day at Disney, I'm not sure I could have a bad day there.

The Lion King float!

Mickey & the Castle!!


I'm so grateful for all the experiences that I'm having over here.  I don't think I could have ever gone to Disneyland Paris if I had stayed in America.  I don't really think that I would ever have been able to travel as much of Europe as I plan to this semester, which is the most rewarding experience of being here and I love it so much.  Although I miss home and wish my friends and family back in America could be experiencing this with me at the same time, I continue to remind myself of the opportunities that I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment